By now, the headlines have been everywhere, from The New York Times to ABC News to The Washington Post.
But in the past few days, it has been difficult to keep track of what has been reported.
What we know so far: The explosion in the lobby of the Mandalay Bay Resort and Casino was not an accidental explosion or a mass shooting, according to the official report released Friday by the Las Vegas Metropolitan Police Department.
Instead, it was a large fire that was deliberately set in the hallway of the hotel’s ballroom, which was filled with smoke and debris, a source with knowledge of the investigation told ABC News.
The police report does not identify the person who set the fire or the person responsible for its spread.
It does, however, say that the person was identified by hotel security as a former employee of the resort.
The incident has been described as a “brazen act” that may have been planned for months.
What is not clear is whether this is the first time a glass bongo has exploded at a hotel in the United States.
The Mandalay Creek in New York City, the first such incident in the country, left the hotel with $1.6 million in damages in 2006.
A similar fire on a luxury hotel in Miami in 2004 left $1 million in damage.
And in 2015, a fire in a hotel near Detroit killed a man and injured eight others.
The first glass bowing incident in Las Vegas was reported on April 1, 2016.
The Las Vegas fire department responded to the scene at about 10:30 a.m. and declared the building safe at about 1:30 p.m., according to an official Las Vegas police report.
It did not specify the number of guests or the amount of damage, and police did not immediately release any information on the exact time or place of the fire.
After that, the fire was under control and no injuries were reported, according the report.
But the fire damaged a third of the building and forced the evacuation of about 40 guests, and it took about three hours to extinguish the fire, the report said.
The fire was extinguished around 5:45 p.M., and no one was injured.
After the fire destroyed about $1,200 in damage, the Mandalays issued a statement saying that it would not be possible to provide further information at this time.
“The Mandalay Resorts Las Vegas has been the target of multiple threats over the past year, and we have not been able to protect our guests and staff,” the statement said.
Our thoughts and prayers are with all of our guests, our employees and the entire Las Vegas community.”